Registration process to apply certification.
Our Certification Process
Registration process to apply certification.
Sattvik Council of India is accepting application from worldwide. If the application is approved and finalized, quotation will be raised, and internal audit & evaluation will be done to conform to the standards and specifications that are the bases for the Certification, and an agreement/contract for a particular period of time is done.
The process generally takes 4-6 weeks but may be longer for larger submissions.
Companies that carry the Sattvik council of India trademark, hereinafter referred to as the “Certification Mark” on their products guarantee that each product is Sattvik certified, containing no meat ingredients, fish, egg, alcohol, nicotine/prohibited substances and adhering to the policies & procedures
Steps in the Certification Process:
Certification Mark Process and Policies
- The Company must submits a complete application through online form with the uploaded complete list of products and their ingredients and processing which is necessary for the Sattvik certification
- After the application form is submitted, Sattvik team will review the submission and any queries or additional paperwork requests will be forwarded to the applicant.
- Products and all documentation will be reviewed, which may involve contact with the suppliers and manufacturers. This process often takes several weeks depending on the number of application received & submitted for review
- After thorough review of the products and required documentation, Sattvik Council of India will reject the application or approve.
- If , Sattvik Council of India proceed with an application, there is a step-by-step process which the company has to follow mandatory
- During the process of certification if the company is found to be non-compliant, Sattvik council of India has the right to terminate the process in mid-way with the notice
- Sattvik Council of India will email an agreement for the company representative to review, sign and return.
- Upon receiving the signed agreement and annual licensing fee payment, SCI will return the signed agreement as well as a certificate approving use of the Sattvik certification mark for the for the company.
- Sattvik Council of India will issue Certification Mark artwork in a .gif, jpeg format. The Certification Mark may not be altered in any way. A violation of these regulations will result in an immediate request to fix the error. If the Certification Mark is not correctly presented within one month, Sattvik council of India will terminate the use of the Certification Mark.
- Company gives Sattvik Council of India permission to list the company name on our website, www.sattvikcouncilofindai.org . Additionally, it can also be promoted through social media feeds.
- After a 12-month period, the company will be reviewed and a company representative will be required to sign an updated agreement and submit the annual licensing fee to continue using the Certification Mark for another 12-month period.
- Companies are required to immediately notify Sattvik council of India in writing when ingredients in any products bearing the Certification Mark change and submit new ingredient lists for verification and approval.
- Companies must immediately notify Sattvik council of India in writing if their company has changed address or website address, or is being purchased by another company (use of the Certification Mark on products DOES NOT automatically carry over if the business is purchased or transferred).
Guidelines for Use of the Certification Mark in Print
Companies with a signed Agreement within the past year and have been granted permission to use the Certification Mark:
General Guidelines and Restrictions:
- The Mark may not be imitated or used as a design feature in any manner.
- The Mark may not be used in a manner that would disparage Sattvik Council of India or our programs.
- The Mark must be used as provided by Sattvik Council of India with no changes. The Mark may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The symbol may not be separated from the logotype.
Certification Mark Placement:
- The Certification Mark may be printed on packaging of Approved Products, advertisements and websites as long as it is clear that the business is not being promoted by Sattvik Council of India
- The Certification Mark may be placed anywhere on the product packaging. There are no specific guidelines for Certification Mark location on individual packaging.
Certification Mark Size:
- The Certification Mark may be sized as needed on the product packaging. There are no specific guidelines for Certification Mark size on individual packaging or websites.
- The Mark must be used as provided by Sattvik Council of India with no changes.
A violation of these regulations will result in an immediate request to fix the error. If the Certification Mark is not correctly presented within thirty (30) days, Sattvik Council of India will terminate the use of the Certification Mark.
The Certification Mark is the property of the Sattvik Council of India and may be revoked under the following circumstance:
- Failure to conform in any way to the certification agreement.
- Non-payment of the licensing fee.
- Misuse of Certification Mark on products. If at any time a Certified Product fails in more than an immaterial degree to conform to the standards and specifications that were the bases for the Certification, Licensee will immediately cease all use of the Certification Mark and immediately destroy all nonconforming materials in their possession containing the Certification Mark if Sattvik Council of India requests that they do so. Licensee shall also immediately notify all distributors, advertisers, and customers who may have noncompliant Certified Product units and advertising therefor bearing the Certification Mark. Licensee shall require all sub-licenses to immediately destroy all nonconforming materials in their possession containing the Certification Mark if Sattvik Council of India requests that they do so.
- Sattvik Council of India reserves the right to assess a penalty fee to any company that is found in violation of the merchant agreement by misuse of the Certification Mark or by providing false or misleading information regarding ingredients and processing of product.
Please contact us if you have questions regarding any of the above statement.